Tuesday, July 11th, 2006
Google have released an updated beta to Google Earth for mac, windows and linux.
The new version has these fixes:
- Language selection can now be done from the Options/Preferences under the “General” tab. Choices are English, Spanish, French, Italian, and German.
- You can now choose which way the mouse-wheel zooms under the “Navigation” tab in the options (hurray!)
- Improved memory management, does not require as much memory
- Automatic setting of memory cache based on machine RAM (improves performance)
- Fix to a problem where search/layer/places panes were missing if you had them turned off in GE 3 (I had that problem with my Mac version)
You can see more details about the new beta at the Google Earth 4 Beta Page.
The new beta supports lots of great features like 3D textured buildings, which we will be offering as a solution for Architectural Projects and property developers to show planned buildings. Imagine showing your new housing project in google earth with all the surrounding satellite imagery!